Select Page

Personal Injury Solicitors Ilford

Learn MoreContact Us

We are a modern law firm assisting clients all over England and Wales, including those based in Ilford. At Wildwood Legal, our team of personal injury lawyers assist clients in making claims for all types of accidents. We act for a variety of clients; however, they all share one common issue. They have a legal problem, and they need help fixing it. That’s where we come in. 

Our Managing Director, Stephen Hattersley, has been dealing with claims for compensation for over 25 years and has recovered millions of pounds in compensation for accident victims. 

We are a professional, forward-thinking firm. We know that it can be a daunting experience contacting personal injury solicitors; therefore, we always focus on trying to put our clients at ease. 

We guarantee that you will not find better levels of client care anywhere else. We offer clear advice around our conditional fee agreement as well as all of the steps required throughout the claims process. Our knowledge in personal injury law has been obtained through many years of experience. 

Our firm is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Therefore, we provide everything needed to meet their high standards meaning that we are a trusted Law firm.

Our mission is to provide you with an easy and efficient service that will make you highly recommend us to others.  

Personal Injury Solicitors Ilford: Types of personal injury claims

Wildwood Legal assist clients throughout a range of personal injury claims. The most common types of claims we assist with include:

· Motorbike/scooter accidents

· Car accidents

· Holiday accidents

· Cyclist accidents

· Road traffic accidents

· Accidents at work

· Asbestos Claims


If you were injured due to an accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make a compensation claim.


Personal injury solicitors Ilford: How much compensation will I receive?


 As the case progresses, we will discuss the various items that we can try to recover for you and how much you are likely to receive. The valuation of your case can, and often does, change as the case progresses and medical evidence comes to light.

 It is very difficult to advise on the value of the claim with any accuracy until very late in the claim.

A claim for personal injury is made up of two sections; in legal terms, we call these general damages and special damages. 


General Damages: This is the amount you will receive for your pain, suffering and loss of amenity, as well any injury or illness, such as industrial diseases, you faced as a result of this.

To calculate this amount for your suffered injury compensation, we look at previous cases similar to yours, together with guidelines issued to Judges who decide the outcome of such claims if they go to Court. Your case will be valued on the basis of your injuries as described by a suitably qualified medical expert. 


Special Damages: These refer to any direct financial losses that you may have suffered as a result of your injuries. Typically, these may include loss of earnings up to the settlement, loss of earnings in the future, medical costs or the costs of care provided to you. 

Our clients tend to make these claims due to road traffic accidents, catastrophic injuries, accidents at work, medical negligence, clinical negligence, and those exposed to asbestos due to negligence. 


What Should I do After I Have Had An Accident?


Ensure that you seek medical attention from a Doctor/General Practitioner soon after your accident, as you may find that the extent of the injury is much more serious than you had originally thought.

Having an official medical report will only strengthen your case further against a negligent party. It could be used as crucial useful Evidence to prove that you are suffering from an injury.

You should report the accident to the party responsible as soon as possible and ask that they make a record of the incident for you to review and sign. You should request a copy of this report.

You may also be required to provide further evidence to prove negligence following an accident. Below are just a few pieces of evidence that you could be asked to provide:

· Any witness statements alongside their contact details

· CCTV footage of the accident occurring (if available)

· Official records of the injuries sustained

· Any photos that you have of where the accident occurred or photos of the injuries that you sustained

· Evidence that you reported an accident to the correct person, whether that was an employer or a person in charge

After you have sustained an accident, it is in your best interest to talk to a solicitor as soon as possible as they can discuss your entitlements with you and advise you on your options going forward. Personal injury Solicitors from law firms can also clarify whether you have been wrongly injured as they are legal experts and specialise in these types of compensation claims.

The law on time limits for making a claim can be complicated. However, the general rule is that you have three years from the date of the injury to have either settled your claim or started Court proceedings. The three-year deadline commences from the date that the accident occurred or from the date on which you realised that your injury was associated with your accident.


How much does it cost to make a personal injury claim?


We will almost always take on your case on a Conditional Fee Agreement (also known as a no win, no fee agreement.)

On a no win, no fee basis, if you do not win your case, you do not pay us any fees at all. However, if we win the case, you will be required to pay for our success fee; we take a small percentage of your compensation, which we will agree with you beforehand, to cover our costs. 

We will never ask you to sign anything until you are completely happy with our proposed terms.


How can Wildwood Legal, personal injury solicitors Ilford help?


When it comes to personal injury, the consequences can be devastating as a person can be faced with a long period of absence from work and a real financial struggle. That’s where our specialist personal injury solicitors come in. At Wildwood legal, our personal injury team will provide legal advice and legal services and will attempt to recover the personal injury compensation you deserve.

If we take on your case, our expert solicitors will do our utmost to set up and then progress your case as quickly as possible. If liability is clear-cut, we will try and obtain an interim payment for you at an early stage to ease any financial worries whilst you recover. 

We are also happy to review your case if you are already in the middle of a claim to see if the case is being progressed properly; we often take on accident claims for clients who are unsatisfied with the personal injury solicitors they are currently using. 

It does not matter if you cannot meet with us in our Harrogate or London offices as we regularly act for clients who are based all around the country, in England and Wales, including East London using modern technology. 

We promise to guide you through every step of the claims process and do our very best to get the maximum compensation you deserve. You can contact us by phone at 01423 209 046 or by email at

Speak to a specialist solicitor



"Thank you Stephen for resolving our situation so efficiently and quickly.
We would thoroughly recommend you to anyone needing your help."


"Excellent service from start to finish whole process was easy Steven kept me informed every step of the way couldn’t of been more helpful nothing was a hassle at all, I would definitely use again and recommend this company with out a doubt thankyou."


Reach Us

If you are thinking about making a claim, we would love to hear from you.  We will give you clear, honest advice.

6 Princes Square, Harrogate, HG1 1LX

Leave A Message